Celebrate our 85th Year Anniversary!!!
Ten lucky members will win $85 on the following days – March 1st | June 1st | September 1st | December 1st |
1930s image of the Philcade Building, where Red Crown was founded and resided until the early 2000s
Red Crown Gasoline Globe
Red Crown Credit Union Southtown Location
Red Crown Federal Credit Union received its charter on February 8, 1938, from the Farm Credit Administration under the Federal Credit Union Act. The original ten subscribers applied for an association charter to serve “All employees of the Stanolind Oil & Gas Company in the general office, laboratory, and warehouse, residing in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and members of their immediate families.” In its infancy, Red Crown was run out of a shoe box in an employee’s desk during the lunch hour. Members were originally limited to a maximum of $500.00 on deposit. Over eighty years later, Red Crown offers a wide array of deposit and loan services and has come a long way from the initial ‘shoebox banking’.
Red Crown received it’s original name after Standard Oil’s name for their Red Crown Regular Lead Free gasoline.
In the early 2000s, Red Crown moved is headquarters to Southtown Tulsa and currently has five locations and serves the following eight counties in Oklahoma: Tulsa, Creek, Mayes, Okmulgee, Osage, Pawnee, Rogers and Wagoner.
RED CROWN NUMBERS OVER THE YEARS