REMINDER: Red Crown will NEVER contact you and ask for personal passwords or banking information. If someone contacts you claiming to be from Red Crown Credit Union and you suspect it may be a scam, DON’T share your personal information with the them. Hang up the phone and call us at 918.477.3200.
New Fraud Detection Services
Red Crown uses Fiserv EnFact to monitor your debit card for suspicious activity utilizing your card history and known fraud patterns. If potential fraud is detected on your debit card, Fraud Detection Services will attempt to contact you to verify the authenticity of the transaction.
If fraudulent activity is suspected on your Red Crown debit card:
The Fraud Detection Center will attempt to contact you immediately to verify the authenticity of the transaction. Contact may be made via email, text message and/or voice automated phone call.
- You will receive an email from EnFact Fraud Detection Center.
- You will be given information about the potential fraud.
- You will be given a phone number to call and Case ID to reference this email.
- You will be asked to validate transactions. No other personal banking information will be asked.
Text Message Alert
- You will receive a text message from short code “37268” with details about the suspected transaction. Simply respond to the text to authorize (reply YES) or deny (Reply NO) the transaction.
- If you reply NO, a block will be placed on your card. You will be asked to contact the fraud detection center at 833.735.1892.
- The text message will NEVER include a link to be clicked and will always come from the 5-digit short code, NOT a 10-digit number resembling a phone number.
Voice Automated Phone Call
- Voice automated phone calls from the Fraud Detection Center will come from 833.735.1894.
- You will be provided with the last 4 digits of the card and asked to affirm you are the cardholder (Press 1.)
- You will be asked to verify your identity by entering the 5-digit mailing ZIP Code associated with your card. No other personal information will be requested unless you confirm a transaction to be fraudulent.
- You will then be asked to verify the suspicious activity (up to 3 transactions.) The transaction date will include the date, amount and merchant name. You will Press 1 to authorize the transaction or Press 2 to not.
- Should the transaction(s) be authenticated, the transaction will process and/or any temporary holds will be removed from the card.
- If it is determined that the transaction(s) were fraudulent, you will be transferred to a live fraud analyst. The fraud analyst will confirm you are the cardholder before going through your transactions. They will NEVER ask for your PIN or the 3-digit security code on the back of your card.
If you are ever uncertain about texts or calls received, questions being asked, or responding to messages, please call us directly for assistance.
Red Crown will be notified of any action taken. You may need to contact us to order a new card. Fraud analysts will work with Red Crown to file a case with Mastercard if necessary.
You can help Red Crown make you more secure:
- Make sure Red Crown always has a current phone number for you. We can have multiple phone numbers in our system.
- If you will be making any kind of purchases that you normally would not, please be prepared for a call or text from the Fraud Detection Center.
- If you will be traveling out of state or out of the country, please be prepared for a call or text from the Fraud Detection Center.
- Consider registering your debit card with CardValet and setting alerts and controls on your card.
- Consider creating account alerts in the Red Crown online banking system.
To contact us regarding fraudulent activity:
During banking hours: 918.477.3200
24-hours a day: 833.735.1894